FOCUSED ADHD Coach Certification Program Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use for the FOCUSED ADHD Coach Certification Program (“Program Terms”) carefully. You must agree to these Program Terms before you join the FOCUSED ADHD Coach Certification Program (“Program”) offered by I Have ADHD LLC (“we” or “our”) (for any purpose). These Program Terms apply whether on a website hosted by I Have ADHD LLC or a third-party website such as an online course platform, Slack, Ontraport, HelloAudio, or any other applications or software that we may adopt.
If you do not agree with these Program Terms, you should not join the Program.
These Program Terms are incorporated by reference into our TOU, which can be found at https://ihaveadhd.com/privacy-policy/. We may reference the TOU in these Program Terms.
Please ensure that you have reviewed both as they will both be applicable to your participation in the Program. To the extent that these Program Terms are silent on any issue, please review the TOU.
Modification of the Program Terms & Program Content
We reserve the right to modify, alter, amend, or update our products, including the Program. In alignment with our values, our goal in making changes to the Program Terms or Program is not to be a bait and switch. Instead, we may offer clarification by changing the Program Terms or other policies.
The Program Terms are subject to change without notice; however, if the change is substantive, we will provide you with notice via email. Changes that won’t require notice are those related to formatting, correcting errors, or other changes that may not impact you during the Program.
From time to time, we may make changes to the contents of the Program. Typically, this is to add more value to you. At no time do we intend to make changes that will decrease the value of the Program. To the extent that we make changes to the Program, we will notify you via email.
Overview of the Program
You are enrolling in the Program, which provides training for adults with ADHD who want to coach adults with ADHD. To join the Program, you must submit an application, which we will review for suitability. We reserve the right to accept or reject applicants in our sole discretion.
If you are accepted into the Program, you will be enrolled into a six-month training program during which we will provide you with training and hands-on experience.
At the end of the training period, you will be eligible to receive a certification (“Certification”), which will demonstrate that you have completed all prerequisite training and are now a FOCUSED ADHD Certified Coach. All aspects of the Program are outlined in more detail below.
The program is not affiliated with or qualified by any other coach training or certification program.
We will provide you with the following deliverables during the Program.
Program Length. The Program will last for six months from January-June. You must complete the Program, including Certification, in the 6-month timeframe. Exceptions beyond the 6-month timeframe will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you wish, you may apply to and repeat the program at your own expense; however, there is no guarantee that you will be accepted if you were unable to complete the initial attempt at completing the Program.
Portal Access. At the start of the Program, you will receive access to our exclusive Program content through our Program portal (“Portal”). You will receive lifetime access to the Portal, which means that you will continue to have access while we host the Portal and the Program. We reserve the right to change the location of the Portal or to modify the contents of the Portal. It will never be our intent to decrease the value of the contents of the Portal. Typically these are updates or additions.
Lead Instructor. The lead instructor for the Program is Kristen Carder; however, Kristen will not lead all aspects of the Program.
Written Materials. We will give you 2 books to study and invite you to 2 book club meetings to discuss them. There are no other printed materials provided outside of the two books.
Private Slack Community. All Program participants will be invited to join our private Slack Community, where you can seek support and feedback. Generally, we are available between Monday-Thursday between the hours of 9am and 4pm Eastern. Generally, you should allow up to two business days for a response, but we aim to respond within one business day whenever possible. Within the Slack Community, feedback will be provided by Kristen or other members of our team.
Program Modalities. During the Program, we will concentrate on teaching you how to coach using two different modalities. One is an awareness tool that is used to manage thoughts. The second is to aid with emotional regulation. We will work on other content throughout the Program, but these tools will receive considerable attention.
Program Materials. You will receive access to various training materials (“Program Materials”) throughout the Program. This includes a downloadable PDF of our Program Training Workbook. Your use of the Coach Training Workbook will be included in the license outlined below.
We may also reference certain materials from the FOCUSED Membership for training. These should also be used only as stated in the section related to Intellectual Property.
Training Calls. Each month, we will host 3 live calls, where you will receive training directly from us. During these calls:
- We will encourage you to coach at least 2 times on a group practicum call and will give you feedback in real time.
- We will teach you how to hold space for people who are struggling with issues that may activate you.
- We will give you a comprehensive overview of ADHD and how to coach adults with ADHD.
- We will teach you the difference between coaching and therapy, how to identify a trauma response, and what to do when someone is struggling beyond the scope of your expertise.
If we are unable to make it to a call or teach a class because of unforeseen sickness or circumstance, we will reschedule the class and make it up promptly.
If our lead instructor, Kristen Carder, Kristen chooses to take time off for rest, she will let you know in advance and will provide you with a guest expert, teacher, or coach whom she greatly respects so that you will not have any gaps in your training.
All training calls will be recorded and stored in the Portal. If you appear on a call, you are giving us an irrevocable likeness release to record you and distribute the recordings through the Portal. We will never use your likeness for use outside of the Program without your permission.
Peer Coaching. We will pair you with a classmate to peer coach each week. This will be an important part of your training and will be required for the Certification.
Evaluation. After about 3 months of training, we will evaluate you and give you specific feedback so that you can learn and grow. (the “Evaluation”) We will observe you providing peer coaching during a twenty-minute session. You will be evaluated on a rubric based on the skills and using the tools you have learned.
FOCUSED Member Coaching. After you pass your Evaluation, you will be eligible to complete practice coaching for members of the FOCUSED membership. Completing this coaching will be mandatory for Certification.
We will set up all of the logistics of practice coaching sessions for you with FOCUSED members, including the creation of the session scheduler and ensuring you have clients to coach.
Opportunity to Obtain Certification. If you successfully complete all aspects of your training, we will also give you the opportunity to obtain Certification, which is detailed below.
During the Program, you will be responsible for the following:
FOCUSED Membership. You agree to maintain an active membership in FOCUSED throughout the Program. If you are not an active FOCUSED Member, we reserve the right to terminate your enrollment in the Program.
We require you to maintain this membership as it is one of the best ways for you to observe the application of the methodologies we teach. Additionally, we may direct you to certain tools within FOCUSED.
All terms outlined in our TOU will continue to apply to your FOCUSED membership.
Show Up and Do the Work. It’s your responsibility to show up to the calls and actively participate. We expect you to:
- Keep your video on and stay as present as possible
- Ask questions
- Seek support from the Slack community as needed
- Volunteer to coach during a practicum session at least one time
- Watch replays of any calls that you are unable to attend live
Peer Coaching. You will be responsible for engaging in peer coaching during the Program. This is a vital skill so you learn how to coach. You must:
- Complete a minimum of 24 hours of peer coaching to be considered for Certification. This includes coaching other members of the Program or working with other individuals who meet the criteria of an ADHD adult.
- Track your hours spent peer coaching, which you will provide to us.
Self Coaching. We expect you to use the tools you learn during the Program in your own life. You should use the modalities on a weekly basis. Achieving transformation for yourself with the tools will help you to be a better coach.
Written Exercises. We will provide you with written exercises to complete during the Program. You must complete a minimum of 3 of these exercises to be eligible for Certification.
Evaluation. After about three months of training, you will be required to participate in the Evaluation. To pass, you must complete a clean STEAR Map in 20 minutes or less.
If you fail the evaluation, you can have more time to practice your coaching skills and then reschedule another Evaluation via a video submission when you are ready. We will re-evaluate your video sessions up to 3 times at no additional cost.
If you still do not pass, we will suggest 1:1 mentoring with a member of our team until you pass the Evaluation. Additional 1:1 mentoring will be paid for by you at $100 per hour.
FOCUSED Member Coaching. After passing your Evaluation, you agree to complete practice coaching with FOCUSED Members. You should complete at least 1 hour per week to build your coaching skills.
As part of this, you will be required to have video conferencing available, either through Zoom or Google Meet. We will not set up a video conferencing account for you.
Follow Program Terms and Guidelines. We think this bears repeating – you are responsible for following these Program Terms and any guidelines related to the Program. This includes making timely payments and communicating any concerns with us promptly.
All Program participants will be eligible for certification (“Certification”) as a FOCUSED ADHD Certified Coach upon completing the eligibility requirements. The Certification allows you to demonstrate your mastery of the skills taught in the Program.
Eligibility. Upon completion of the following, you will be eligible for the Certification:
- Attend 90% of the live classes during the Program, which we track
- Complete 24 hours of peer coaching
- Pass your Evaluation
- Complete at least five hours (comprised of 10 30-minute sessions) of practice coaching sessions with FOCUSED members
- Complete at least 3 of the written exercises assigned during the Program
- Agree to follow all ethical guidelines related to the Certification
Certification. Upon Certification, you may:
- Receive a digital file to display that you are a FOCUSED ADHD Certified Coach. You may use this to market your services.
- Use the training that you received to coach clients.
- Eligibility to be listed in directory (upon meeting the requirements, which will be outlined when you submit your information to us)
- Participate in a Slack Community solely for Certified coaches
- Participate in monthly calls we host to offer additional support and training
- Distribution of only designated Program Materials with your clients, in accordance with our Intellectual Property policies
Failure to complete Certification. If you are not certified by the end of the 6 months, you may call yourself “trained” by FOCUSED but you must not call yourself “certified”. Additionally, you will not be eligible for the other benefits of Certification.
Our Intellectual Property
Throughout the Program, you will receive access to our intellectual property (“Intellectual Property”) through the Program Materials and other aspects of the Program. Our goal is to provide you with enough rights to use the skills to build your coaching business, but we must also ensure that we are protecting our Intellectual Property too.
All rights listed are granted to you on an individual basis. If a right isn’t stated here, then we reserve all such rights. If you have questions about how you can use our Intellectual Property, please contact us to discuss.
Here’s how you can use our intellectual property at different Program phases.
During the Program, prior to Certification:
- You may use the Program Materials and all other provided Intellectual Property to learn the techniques we teach in the Program
- You are permitted to use the concepts contained in the Program Materials in training and to accumulate practice hours
- You may not refer to yourself as a FOCUSED ADHD Certified Coach or use the digital badge that we provide until you have completed Certification.
- You may use the tools you learned during the Program in your individual coaching practice
- You may display the digital badge to demonstrate that you have been certified.
Program Materials Designated for Distribution to Coaching Clients. We reserve all rights in the Program Materials, such as the Coach Training workbook. You may personally use the Program Materials on an individual basis to aid you in learning the concepts.
As described below, you may not distribute the Program Materials; however, from time to time, we may make certain Program Materials available to you with permission for distribution with your coaching clients. We will clearly identify these Program Materials and advise that they may be distributed to your clients during your coaching sessions. If we have not identified the content as permitted for distribution, we reserve all rights and you may not use it outside of your individual use.
You are not permitted to modify or create derivative works from the Program Materials that we designate under this section.
Prohibited Uses of Our Intellectual Property. Because we have spent time creating our Intellectual Property, we do need to be clear that certain uses are never permitted.
- You may not use our Intellectual Property to create your own certification program. This means that you may not use any Program Materials or our other Intellectual Property to create a program that certifies coaches to work with adults with ADHD.
- You may not distribute, share, or sell our Intellectual Property, including the Program Materials and FOCUSED materials, with any third parties, whether for individual or commercial use. The only exception to this rule is if we have specifically designated the content as something you may distribute; however, even in that situation, you may not create a standalone product to sell such content. It may only be used in the individual coaching of your clients.
- You may not edit or create derivative works from our Intellectual Property.
- You may not misrepresent your Certification or state that you are the creator of our Intellectual Property.
Permission. We understand that you may have questions about using our Intellectual Property. If you have any questions about your rights to use our Intellectual Property, please contact us for permission prior to use. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In these circumstances, we may require you to enter a separate licensing agreement.
Program Fees and Payments
The cost of the Program is $10,000 USD. Payment may be made in full or you may make 5 payments of $2,000. If you default on your payments, you will be removed from the Program.
If you elect to make payments via debit or credit card, you authorize us to automatically charge your card on file without obtaining any further authorizations from you.
By making this investment, you are paying for the training contained in the Program. There are no additional fees associated with the Certification. If you do not achieve Certification, no refunds will be owed to you.
There are no renewal fees for maintaining the Certification.
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, the following will apply.
If you have a complaint, promptly email email@example.com with your thoughts. We promise to listen, and we will get back to you quickly
You will be given a 30-day grace period to request a refund. If you decide that the Program is not a good fit for you, you may reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue a refund if you no longer want to continue with the Program. This grace period ends 30 days after the first class with us.
Sometimes life happens, and we understand that. If you have a life event or are struggling, please email email@example.com with any concerns. We promise to be gracious and as fair as possible.
Refunds past the 30-day grace period will be rare, prorated, and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Termination of Enrollment in the Program
If you violate these Program Terms or you violate our ethical guidelines, we reserve the right to terminate your enrollment in the Program. If this happens, you will not be eligible for Certification and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Revocation of Certification
While it has never happened, and we hope it won’t, we reserve the right to revoke your certification if we find out that you are acting outside of our code of ethics, which is described below.
We take confidentiality seriously. Generally, we expect you to keep confidential information confidential. Here is how that may be applied in various situations.
With Our Confidential Information. If we disclose confidential information to you, you agree to keep it confidential. This may include business plans, financial information, or other information that has not yet been made publicly available about our company.
In the Program. You are expected to keep information disclosed by other Program members confidential. This applies to all methods of disclosure, including but not limited to calls and within the Slack Community. Sharing screenshots of confidential information is strictly prohibited.
During Coaching. If someone shares information with you while being coached, it is to be treated as confidential. This applies to peer coaching and practice coaching sessions with FOCUSED Members.
We take our commitment to building a safe and effective community very seriously. We have outlined our expectations related to community standards in our TOU, which can be reviewed at https://ihaveadhd.com/privacy-policy/. It is expected that all Program members will adhere to these community rules.
In addition to the rules stated in the TOU, you also agree to the following:
- You will not view other Certified Coaches as competitors. This means that we do not allow any unprofessional behavior, particularly within the FOCUSED community. Please do not engage in any sort of disparaging comments.
- You do not “own” any particular individual you have worked with. If a client wishes to utilize another coach’s services, treat this decision with respect. We will not tolerate accusations of “stealing” clients.
We reserve the right to remove you from any community, or ultimately the Program, if you are in violation of these rules.
We expect all Program members and Certified Coaches to abide by our ethical standards.
- You are expected to maintain professional relationships with your coaching clients. Romantic or sexual relationships with coaching clients are strictly prohibited.
- Act within your scope of practice. The Program teaches coaching skills. Your Certification does not give you rights to offer therapy or any form of medical treatment.
- Create a safe environment for your clients.
- You will not use your Certification in a way that exploits any of your clients in any way, including financial exploitation. You will use your Certification to create positive effects in the lives of your coaching clients. You will not use your Certification to manipulate or cause any harm to your clients.
- You will adhere to our Company values, which can be viewed at https://ihaveadhd.com/values/
If you are not in alignment with these ethical standards, this is not the right program for you. We reserve the right to remove you from the Program or to revoke your Certification if you do not act in alignment with these ethical standards. You will not be eligible for a refund if we have to take action for this reason. Our sole discretion will be used to determine the appropriate response.
We take our commitment to you and the Program very seriously. If you have any concerns or questions about these terms, please reach out to us for clarification. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms and conditions were last updated on September 11, 2023